Current as of 2/6/23
Please contact Kristin Bentler (email@example.com or COVID@holyrosaryws.org) if anyone in your family tests positive so we can talk through your individual circumstances and how best to approach this within your family. Students with a positive COVID case at home will need to test daily in the office prior to going to class and wear a mask until 3 days after the family members contagious period is complete. We are trying to make decisions that both maximize in person instruction and limit potential exposure within the classroom for students and teachers. Thank you for your support as we all navigate this together!
The following is the current schools’ guidance.
Isolation: Any student or staff member that tests positive for COVID-19 is required to isolate at home. This isolation guidance applies regardless of vaccination status. If a student or staff member tests positive for SARS-CoV-2 by a molecular or antigen test, they can return to school when the following criteria are met:
- 5 days since positive test specimen collection date (test day is day 0)
- No symptoms are present, or symptoms are resolving; AND
- No fever within the past 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications.
Students and staff should continue monitoring for symptoms and wearing a well-fitting mask around others through day 10 (days 6-10) both in and out of school, including during extracurricular and sports activities.
Individuals who have accommodations that allow them to attend school and not wear a well-fitting mask or face shield with a drape or wrap must stay in isolation the full 10 days.
*For household exposures this would be the last day the person with COVID-19 is considered infectious.
For close contacts who need to quarantine, there are three options:
- Test to Stay protocol*: Students and staff eligible for Test to Stay may attend school, school-related extracurricular activities, and school-aged child care during their quarantine period if they participate in serial testing. Students and staff should continue monitoring for symptoms and wearing a well-fitting mask around others through day 10 (days 6-10) both in and out of school, including during extracurricular and sports activities.
- Quarantine at home without testing: If an individual or student chooses not to test or does not get tested, there are two options
- 10-day Quarantine: Quarantine should last for 10 days after the last close contact. However, if any COVID-19 symptoms develop during the 10 days, the individual should isolate and get tested. In certain circumstances, a longer quarantine may be warranted.
*Test to Stay protocol may be available at Holy Rosary School if we have sufficient testing supplies based on current case counts and exposures within the student body. Please contact Kristin Bentler (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss if this is an option.