This year marks SunDance’s tenth year as an After-School Dance Program! We have over 100 students in grades K-8, a mini-performance group known as CREW, a preschool class, and an adult group.
There are 2 after-school dance seasons a year, each that end with a performance (Christmas and Spring) at Highline Performing Arts Center (401 S 152nd St., Burien, WA 98148).
Winter/Spring 2019 Schedule
CLASSES START – January 14th
Dress Rehearsal – May 5th
Winter/Spring Performance – May 6th
|3:15-4:15PM||Hip Hop I (Grades K-3)||23|
|4:15-5:15PM||Hip Hop II (Grades 4-5)||24|
|5:15-6:15PM||Adult (Age 14-98)||n/a|
|3:30-4:30PM||Jazz I (Grades K-3)||23|
|4:30-5:30PM||Jazz II (Grades 4-8)||30|
|5:30-6:30PM||Lyrical Jazz (Grades 5-8)||24|
PLEASE NOTE CHANGED TIMES FOR THURSDAY CREW CLASSES!! CREW is the SunDance company for 4th-8th graders. We offer 3 levels. This group is dedicated to making dance their extracurricular priority, as they are the dancers that help tell the story of our productions
- If you are in 4th grade or have never danced with us before, please register for both Mini CREW and CREW and at least one other upper level class.
- If you are in 5-7th grade and have been on CREW before, please register for CREW and at least 2 other upper level classes.
- If you are in 8th grade please register for Sr. CREW and CREW, and at least on other upper level class.
We ask that your child attend the CREW classes that you register for through the end of March. As of April 1st, we will require ALL CREW kids to meet for the entire CREW session (3:05pm-5:35pm). Please note that CREW attendance is MANDATORY.
|11:15AM-Noon||Preschool (Preschool 3s and PreKindergarten)||20|
|3:05-3:50PM (45 min)||MINI CREW (4th grade and 1st year of CREW)||20|
|3:50-4:50PM (1 hr)||CREW (Veteran CREW members)||n/a|
|4:50-5:35PM (45 min)||SR. CREW (8th grade)||n/a|
|3:05-4:05PM||Open Hip Hop (All Grades)||30|
|4:05-5:05PM||Hip Hop III (Grades 6-8)||24|
Monthly Program Fees (4-month session):
|1 Child||2 Children|
PERFORMANCE FEE OF $60 FOR EACH STUDENT, EXCLUDES CREW. Please know that this performance fee covers theater rental costs, lighting meetings, music, stage sets, and insurance. Performers, excluding CREW and Adult class students are required to wear black leggings (girls)/black pants (boys), and black tank top (girls)/black t-shirt (boys).
****Note for performance fee****
We will hire a professional photographer(s) to shoot both dress rehearsal and the show. All photos will be made available to the entire dance program. We ask that parents refrain from taking photographs. Photography is allowed in these circumstances: (1) Your child is in the photo (2) Someone has asked you to take a photo of their child (3) It is dress rehearsal.
NO PHOTOGRAPHY is allowed in the theater the night of the show. Our hired photographer will have a special badge that allows him/her movement throughout the theater and backstage.
****You are not registered unless you receive an email confirmation****
Registration is closed for Winter/Spring 2019
Questions and Additional Information
No Dance Class Days
- Friday 14 – West Fest
- Friday 12 – No school. Teacher In-Service
- Wednesday 31 – No classes due to Halloween
- Monday 12 – No School
- Monday 19 – Friday 23 – No School
- SUNDAY 9 – Mandatory Rehearsal: Arrival Time 6pm; CREW Arrival 5:30pm
- Monday 10 – SHOW NIGHT! Arrival Time: 5:30pm; CREW Arrival 5pm. Show begins at 6pm
- Monday 14 – classes start
- Monday 21 – No School
- Friday 15 – half day – no dance class
- Monday 18-19 – No School
- Friday 15 – No School
- Friday 22 – half day – no dance class
- Monday-Friday 15-19 – Holy Week (parish center is booked all week)
- Monday-Friday 22-26 – Easter break
- Sunday 5 – Dress Rehearsal – Mandatory Rehearsal: Arrival Time 6pm; CREW Arrival 5:30pm
- Monday 6 – Spring Performance – Arrival Time 6:30pm, Show begins at 7pm