Catholic Schools Week is right around the corner. Click here for a broad overview of the activities for the week.
Pizza Lunch Reminder
Tomorrow is 8th Grade pizza lunch day!
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 at 11:30 a.m. We are excited for the luncheon and we’re looking forward to hosting our guests. There will be over 250 guests at our school that day! Volunteers are still needed at the luncheon. Sign up here to help out.
Scholastic Book Fair
Highlights from the Scholastic Book Fair that opens on January 29:
- Open after Mass and during the Open House on Sunday, January 31.
- Moved to the school hall on Wednesday, February 3rd for Grandparents’ Day — more room, no stairs, additional cash registers!
- Open during lunch recesses for student purchases.
- Open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday until 4:00 p.m.
- Fun activities all week long!
- Share the joy and excitement of reading!
Volunteers are still needed during Sunday’s Open House and Wednesday’s Grandparent Day. Use this SignupGenius link to access the volunteer schedule. Thank you.
The Auction needs your commitment! Refer to this document – introducing the HEART Auction 2016 – for further details. All donations from school families and businesses need to be submitted by tomorrow, January 29th. Only cash donations will be accepted after tomorrow! The success of the auction depends on 100% participation.
Physical items can be brought into the school office between now and February 19th.
DONATION LINK – https://holyrosaryws.ejoinme.org/donations
NOTE: If by any chance you have entered your auction donation through Vanco (instead of the auction software), please let the development office know.
Having trouble choosing an auction donation? Click here to view the Auction wish list at Amazon.com. Please note that if you choose to purchase from the Amazon wish list, ship the item to your home. Purchases still need to be entered in the donation website here.
Questions about donations? Please contact us at email@example.com
AUCTION VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Clean up Crew Lead (night of the auction)
- An parent with Video creation experience
Contact Kamila Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org. The link with volunteer opportunities will be available soon.
Facts Tuition Management System
Complete your family profile online now! Families have until TOMORROW, January 29 to create a profile and set up a tuition payment plan. Please note that registration fees will be collected online within your FACTS account in February. See FACTS Steps below.
FACTS Customer Care Representatives are available to assist you 24/7 at 866-441-4637.
- When creating your FACTS profile, keep in mind that this is for the 2016-17 school year. When adding students to your profile, please be sure to place them in the correct grade for next year, NOT this current school year.
- If you already have a username and password with FACTS, due to another child attending high school that uses FACTS, you do not need to create a new account.
- To add a payment schedule for Holy Rosary to your existing FACTS account please be sure to follow the link to FACTS specific to Holy Rosary School. Once you click on the link, log into FACTS using your existing username & password. Holy Rosary School should show up in our profile. Then, set up a payment plan for your Holy Rosary student.
- January 7-January 29: Create a FACTS profile and set up a payment schedule for the 2016-17 school year.
- January 14: Registration paperwork came home with your eFC carrier. Please sign and return all of the contracts to the main office by January 28th.
- February 8-12: HRS will finalize agreements, add tuition amounts to each profile and confirm that all students are in the system.
- Process FACTS Fee: The FACTS fee will be automatically processed within 14 days of the agreement being finalized by HRS.
- February 15-29: 2016-17 registration fee will be paid online within your FACTS account.
The cost for using FACTS is based on whether you plan to pay tuition in full or make 12 monthly payments. Payment in full is $20 per family and 12 monthly payments is $46 per family
FACTS Customer Care Representatives are available to assist you 24/7 at 866-441-4637.
2016-17 REGISTRATION CONTRACTS – DUE TOMORROW, JANUARY 29 – Please sign and return the Enrollment Contract, Parish Stewardship Contract, Parent Commitment Hours Contract, and HEART Auction Contract. Please note that registration fees will be collected online within your FACTS account in February.
DO YOU HAVE A NEW STUDENT APPLYING FOR NEXT YEAR? – All NEW students entering HRS for Preschool – 8th grade will need to complete an application. The application and fee are due to the main office by Friday, February 5. Please remember to provide a copy of your child’s Baptism Certificate. If you have a child applying for 1st-8th grade, you’ll need to provide a copy of their most recent report card with the application. Please contact Kimberly Tish if you have questions.
BASE CALENDARS – As BASE is growing, so is our commitment for improving our practices and providing the best service we can for our wonderful families. We now have the monthly calendars on-line through May. Along with the monthly calendars, our goal is to have a yearly calendar, similar to the school calendar, for the 2016-17 school year.
Regarding the monthly calendars:
- It is important for every family to turn in a monthly calendar, even if you are under contract.
- The safety of the children who attend BASE is our top priority. To account for your child/children at all times during our hours of operation, the following information is needed:
- Days your child/children are attending.
- Will they be out of town?
- Are they involved in an on campus activity such as dance, chess, band or a sports practice? If it takes them out of BASE for a while, please indicate that on your calendar including the time of the activity.
February calendar – Please indicate on the calendar if you need care for the following: Mid-winter break is covered under the five-day contract. Other registered BASE families needing care will be charged $54.00 per day per child. Because Kindergarten classes will not be in session on Friday, February 19th, due to Kindergarten testing for new students, BASE will be open all day in the gym for registered Kindergarten families needing care. Five-day contract families will not be charged; all others will be $54.00 per child for the day.
Thank you everyone for your calendar participation!
Ski Bus for 2017
Thank you to everyone who replied to the ski school survey! We’ve had a wonderful response and expect to have a strong start to the ski school season for the 2017 season. Unfortunately the ski swap won’t happen this year, but we will plan to hold one in late November. In the meantime, we will need to arrange busses, recruit volunteers and arrange with Snoqualmie for instructors. If you have expertise, time or both, please contact us at your earliest convenience. Lisa Quinn at email@example.com
GATOR DUFFEL BAGS – Are you geared up for spring sports yet? Don’t forget to order your new duffel bag to carry all your gear! Parents, don’t forget to order your adult Gator jackets to help show your support. All orders will be submitted monthly on the last day of the month. Download the order form here. Thank you for supporting CYO Sports!
REGISTER NOW FOR 2016 CYO BASEBALL – Hello Holy Rosary parents and CYO baseball players, It’s time to defend our championship title! Last year we had one team and this year we are shooting for three – 8th, 7th and a 5th/6th combo team! Students in grades 5-8 are eligible to play baseball. Online registration is now open; register your player for the 2016 baseball season here. Registration closes on February 12th. Any registrations after February 12 will be accepted on a space-availability basis, as final rosters are due. Registration fees are $100 per player.
The season is eight games on Sundays (which fits in well with league teams) with a tournament at the end for each grade level. Games start March 20 and the end of the year tournament is May 22 – June 5. Click here for more information about CYO Baseball
Baseball coaches are needed for the 5th/6th combo team. If you would like to coach, please sign up as coach when you sign up your player.
CYO HATS! – We still have some hats available to sell. These hats are going to pay for new catchers’ gear for all the teams. I will be asking the boys to help sell hats as the season gets going. Please contact Nathan Thomas if you have any questions about CYO baseball! 206.450.4861 – firstname.lastname@example.org
HIGH YOUTH RALLY / KNOW MERCY – Saturday, March 12th. Save the date and register! Youth Rally is an amazing, fun and faith-filled day that includes lunch, t-shirt, live music by Popple, games, faith breakout sessions, speakers, and Mass with Archbishop Sartain and more!
- For: Holy Rosary Parish/School 6th-9th Graders
- Date: March 12
- Time: 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (can be picked up earlier)
- Location: Bellevue, Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
- Cost: $50
- Transportation: We will be using the Holy Rosary bus and drivers to event. Parents arrange carpools for pick-up
- Supervision: Youth Rally is well supervised by Youth leader, Ruth Reiser, HR Staff, Deyette Swegle and other Youth Ministry leaders
- Scholarships: Available before February 12 thru Archdiocese and Holy Rosary. Contact JWong@holyrosaryseattle.org
- Online Registration: (For Coordinator, please type Ruth Reiser) http://www.seattlearchdiocese.org/OYYAE/Youth/Events/JHR.aspx
ADULT CONFIRMATION – Holy Rosary is offering a series of sessions on Thursday evenings from 7:00-8:30, beginning February 4 until Confirmation Mass, to prepare adults who are practicing their faith but have not yet been confirmed. Contact JoAnn Tobin at either 206-937-1488, ext. 203,or email@example.com to register and/or for more information.
PARISH VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – Here are two volunteer opportunities to help with children receiving First Communion this spring. Sign up here to volunteer for the First Communion Banner Social. It’s also a fun and great way for your high school student to volunteer and receive service hours. Sign up here to volunteer for the First Communion Family Learning classes. If you have questions, please email Deyette at firstname.lastname@example.org
RITE OF SENDING TO THE RITE OF ELECTION – This Sunday, February 7 at the 10:30AM Mass, we will have the Rite of Sending to the Rite of Election for all those children receiving Sacraments at Easter Vigil. Please continue to pray for these children who are preparing for these important rites: Zooey C., Charlotte F., Violet F., Devon G., Jack K., Sam K., Edrian M., Louella P., and Malia S.
PLEASE READ – HOLY ROSARY PARISH SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE IN NATIONAL STUDY – Holy Rosary Parish has been selected to participate in a national study of vibrant parishes conducted by the Catholic Leadership Institute! Please help us participate by completing a 10-15 minute survey online. The survey will be available through Ash Wednesday, February 10 and will ask you to reflect on your own spiritual growth and enable you to provide feedback on what efforts the parish is doing to help you grow. All responses will be confidential and the parish will only receive information about the community as whole. The survey is available here.
We are trying to get the highest response rate possible. This information will be invaluable to Fr. Oakland and our various ministries as we plan ahead and try to be the best disciples we can be. We will receive the results this summer at which time we will share what we have learned with the entire parish.
There will also be opportunities to complete the survey after daily and Sunday Mass. Paper copies will be available at the doors of the church, the Parish Office or the School Office.
Thank you for helping with this important project!
ADULT CONFIRMATION – Holy Rosary is offering a series of sessions to prepare adults who are practicing their faith but have not yet been confirmed on Thursday evenings from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., beginning February 4, until Confirmation Mass. Contact JoAnn Tobin at either 206-937-1488, ext. 203, or email@example.com to register and/or for more information.
WEST SEATTLE BASEBALL – Registration for the 2016 Spring West Seattle baseball season is open! Join many from the Holy Rosary community by registering today. A tradition in West Seattle since 1957, we have leagues for every age at Holy Rosary – including Kindergarten! Visit our website to register today. You can also contact Erik Ricard, President of West Seattle Baseball (fellow parent and parishioner) at firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUTH FREE THROW COMPETITION – Our Lady of Guadalupe Knights of Columbus Council is sponsoring a Basketball Free Throw Competition for all boys and girls ages 9-14 as of January 1. The competition will be held Saturday, February 6 at 2:00 p.m. at Our Lady of Guadalupe, Walmesley Center Gym (3410 SW Myrtle St., corner of 35th AVE SW & Myrtle St.). Holy Rosary, in years past, has had several State Champions.
Each boy and girl Council champion will be eligible to advance to the District competition to be held later in February. Participants are required to furnish proof of age (birth certificate, etc.).
PIANO LESSONS – Danny McMahon is an experienced music teacher who has been teaching in the West Seattle area for over 15 years. He teaches piano and drum lessons to all ages and ability levels out of his private studio in the Arbor Heights neighborhood. Danny’s first student was a Holy Rosary student, and he has continued to nurture the love of music in many more in the Holy Rosary community (as you may have witnessed in a few Talent Shows over the years). If your student is interested in trying out piano or drum lessons with a veteran teacher who (has a passion for music/inspires his students to have a love for music), please contact Danny at (206) 852-8564 or by email at email@example.com.
Upcoming Dates To Remember
- 1/31 – Open House – Kick off to Catholic Schools Week immediately following 10:30 Mass
- 2/3 – Grandparent’s Day
- 2/4 – Outreach Day for Catholic Schools Week
- 2/11 – Noon dismissal – Magazine Drive goal reward
- 2/12-16 – No school – winter break
- 2/19 – No school for Kindergarten – incoming Kindergarten testing