We’ve had a prayerful Holy Week, and by the time you read this it will be Holy Thursday, the beginning of the Sacred Triduum. In Faith Families today we re-enacted the Last Supper and spent time truly reflecting on the gift of the Eucharist. Tomorrow will be Good Friday. You’ll notice the lights dim around the school, an outward sign of the significance of the day. I invite you to join the school for the Living Stations of the Cross, a devotion that commemorates the last day of Christ’s life and his crucifixion at 11:10 in the Church. A reminder, we’ll have a silent dismissal at noon following the Stations. And I hope to see many of you at the Great Easter Vigil, where we will celebrate Christ’s resurrection and where many children and adults will receive Sacraments.
I hope this Lent has been a time of renewal for you and your family, and I wish you all Easter Blessings and a relaxing Spring Break!
Holy Week Information
Next week we celebrate the mysteries of our salvation – the Passion, Death, and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ for us and our salvation. Come and join with Jesus Christ during these momentous days, that you may share in the fruit of His great victory!
Holy Thursday, March 29
Come and Join Jesus as He Celebrates the Last Supper and Gives us a Model of Charity
Morning Prayer at 8 in Church
Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7 p.m.
Adoration at the Altar of Repose in the St. Dominic Chapel until 10 p.m.
Good Friday, March 30
Come and Join Jesus as He goes to Calvary, and Dies for Us
Morning Prayer at 8 in Church
School Living Stations of the Cross at 11:10 in Church
Stations of the Cross at 3pm, followed by Confessions until all are heard (last Confessions before Easter)
Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion at 7 p.m.
Holy Saturday, March 31
Come and Join Jesus as He Rises from the Dead
Morning Prayer at 8 in Church
The Easter Vigil in the Holy Night at 8:30 p.m. with Rites of Initiation for the Elect
Easter Sunday , April 1
Masses at 8:30 and 10:30
Junior High Honor Roll
Congratulations to the following junior high students who made the Honor Roll winter trimester.
Grade 7 High Honors — A’s, A+’s
Grade 7 Honors — A’s, A-‘s
Grade 8 High Honors — A’s, A+’s
Grade 8 Honors — A’s, A-‘s
NOTES & REMINDERS
The final Parent’s Club date has been changed from May 10 to May 2. Please update your calendars. Parent’s Club information can be found here.
- March 30 – Good Friday – SILENT noon dismiss – BASE open
- April 2-6 – Easter break – BASE open
- April 21 – HEART auction – SSCC Brockey Center, 5 p.m.
- May 18 – Talent Show (all day)
- May 25 – Field Day – noon dismiss
SCHOOL ACTION ITEMS
Holy Rosary School Summer Camps!
Recess Monitor Volunteer
Recess monitor volunteers needed for third trimester starting immediately. Click here for more information and to sign up.
EVENTS & FUNDRAISING
AUCTION QUESTIONS might be answered here on our dedicated auction page.
AUCTION TICKETS can be purchased here. Less than 50 tickets remain!
ONLINE AUCTION purchases need to be picked up in the front office asap.
RAFFLE TICKETS are selling fast. Don’t miss out on $5,000 towards tuition for one year. Only 100 tuition raffle tickets will be sold at $100 each. New this year is a raffle for 50 volunteer hours for $50. Don’t miss out on having all your volunteer hours erased for the year. Please return the purple raffle sheet to the office or pick up a new sheet there. Please contact Kristin McMahan at email@example.com with raffle questions.
BOXES NEEDED to move items to Brockey Center on Friday and Saturday next week. Please bring any large boxes (case of paper size to large Amazon box size) to Beth’s office or place on the stage. The auction committee will need to carry the boxes, so please nothing exceptionally large or odd shaped.
Bingo Bash Reminder
Bingo Bash is on Friday, April 13 from 6-8 p.m. here at the school. Cost is $30. Flyers have been sent home and forms are available to download here. If you purchased tickets through the online auction, please fill out a permission slip form and indicate that you paid online; otherwise all participants will be charged through FACTS. We are looking forward to a great time with the kids!!
Strideline Socks, with the Holy Rosary logo, have been approved as uniform compliant. There are two sizes available: Small (fits shoes size M1-5 W3-7) Standard (fits shoe size M6-13 W8-15) Click here to order.
Coding With Kids Spring Session
The Coding With Kids spring session enrollment is open and due to demand, we’ve opened a Thursday class for Little Coders. See our Coding With Kids page for more details and how to register. Contact Mr. Barker with questions.
Holy Rosary Parish CYO Track and Field
Holy Rosary Parish CYO Track and Field registration is open for Parish girls and boys in grades 4-8. No prior track and field experience required! Practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays evenings from 5:45 – 7:15 at Hiawatha track. First practice was Tuesday, March 27. Larry Swegle and Ken Smith are looking for some parent volunteers to help at practices which counts towards volunteer hours. If you would like to help, you can email Larry Swegle at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that Larry and Ken can plan ahead. Register here. Meet dates below.
- Preliminary – Saturday, May 5 at 10 or 2:30
- Relay – Saturday, May 12 at 10 or 3
- 8th Grade Pentathlon – Sunday, May 13 at 12:30
- Qualifying – Saturday, May 19 at 10 or 3
- Championship – Saturday, June 2, at 10 (All Comers) and 12
Please Pray For The Elect And Candidates
Please pray for the following Elect and Candidates as they prepare for receiving their Sacraments at Easter Vigil, March 31, 8:30 p.m. or at Divine Mercy Sunday, April 8, 10:30 a.m. Mass.
Alexandra A. (grade 2)
Charlotte A. (grade 2)
David A. (kindergarten)
Brody B. (grade 5)
Delaney B. (grade 2)
Evianna B. (kindergarten)
Hayden B. (kindergarten)
Jackson B. (grade 5)
Lauren B. (grade 3)
Reilly B. (grade 2)
Quincy D. (grade 2)
Waverly D. (grade 4)
Phoebe F. (grade 3)
Zechariah F. (grade 6)
Gunnar H. (grade 2)
Lucia J. (grade 4)
Reed J. (grade 2)
Audriella L. (grade 2)
Justin M. (grade 6)
Kevin M. (grade 4)
Sophia M. (grade 2)
Cole S. (grade 10)
Sophie S. (grade 7)
Leighton W. (grade 3)
Nursery Open On Easter Sunday
Holy Rosary Parish Nursery is open on Easter Sunday, April 1 at 8:30 and 10:30 in the basement of our Parish Center. The nursery is open to children aged one and walking, up to kindergarten. If you have not had an opportunity to use our nursery, we have two caregivers who are experienced caregivers. They are also background checked and Virtus compliant. If you have any questions, please email Deyette at email@example.com.
Praying The Rosary On Mondays
During Lent, WWP hosted praying the Rosary in the Chapel on Mondays at 7 p.m. It was a wonderful opportunity to pray for those in need, meet Parishioners and strengthen our faith. We would like to offer praying the Rosary throughout the year on Mondays. If you are interested in participating in this ministry, please email Deyette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events To Help You Grow In Your Faith
- STUDY GROUPS – We have two study groups starting this Easter season! Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible is an introduction and overview of the entire Bible in eight weeks, and is a great way to jump into reading, praying, and studying the Bible. We’ll meet on Saturday mornings at 9:15 – after the morning Mass – starting April 14. Second, our Wednesday morning study group will start a new book study on James Martin, SJ’s Jesus: A Pilgrimage, April 11 at 9:30 – after the morning Mass. Please sign up online here or by contacting Robert King, so that we can order materials.
- WALKING WITH PURPOSE – Women of all ages and stages of life are welcome to learn more about Women in the Bible at our Friday morning group at 9:15 in the Parish Center reception room. Childcare is provided. Also, W.W.P. will host a six-week discussion on the book, My Sisters the Saints, by Colleen Carroll. More details are provided below.
- SUNDAY SCHOOL FOR ADULTS offers adult-level insights into our faith on the first and third Sundays of each month between the morning Masses (about 9:30-10:20), in the 7A school classroom. Our next session will be on April 15; the topic will be “Render Unto Caesar: Church, State, and Taxes”.
- CURIOUS ABOUT CATHOLICISM? – Been away from the Church, but want to return? We have ongoing programs for adults who want to learn more about the Catholic faith. Please contact Robert King for more information.
If you would like more information, or if you have any suggestions to make, please contact Robert King (206-937-1488 x203 or email@example.com)
WWP Hosting Book Discussion, My Sisters the Saints, April 11-May 16
Walking with Purpose is hosting for women, a six-week discussion on the book, My Sisters the Saints by Colleen Carroll Campbell starting Wednesday, April 16 at 7:00 p.m. Join us as we discuss Ms. Campbell’s compelling spiritual memoir as she delves into the lives of six extraordinary women saints and how they provided inspiration and guidance in her life. Join us for all six weeks or drop in as your schedule allows. See this flyer for more details. For more information or questions, email Deyette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coffee & Donuts Signup for 8:30 And 10:30 Masses
It is a known fact that we have an amazing community at Holy Rosary Parish. How about grabbing some friends or family members and sign up for a Coffee & Donuts slot? Its super easy to do; you can go to Mass and also catch up with family and friends. It’s also a great way for kids to get involved and support our Parish. Sign up here.
Spring Cleaning? Choose To Donate!
Here’s how you can declutter your house and help others:
- DONATE TO CLOTHESLINE – You can drop off all ages clothing, shoes, and accessories for Clothesline at the back of the church in the Clothesline bin or at our Parish Office. Clothesline, a non-profit, is part of the West Seattle Helpline and serves those in need in West Seattle.
- DONATE TO WESTSIDE BABY – Donate children’s (aged 0-12 years) items to WestSide Baby. You can drop off children’s clothing, toys, equipment etc. for Westside Baby, in the box in the used uniform closet at the back of the Church at the Parish Office.
- STUFF THE TRUCK – Holy Rosary’s St. Vincent de Paul Society will be sponsoring a Stuff the Truck event on May 12 from 9-5 in the Holy Rosary School parking lot. We will be happy to take your no longer needed clothing, books and small household items. Unfortunately, we cannot accept any large furniture or appliances. Your donation of goods will help restock our St. Vincent de Paul stores which help the needy in our area. If you have any questions regarding the event you can call Julie Reagan at 206-935-5914 or Dave Sherwood at 206-919-2633. A tax receipt will be provided.
Summer camps are listed on our summer camp page here. It’s updated as needed. Holy Rosary will be offering our own summer camps too. Stay tuned!
West Seattle Music Studio
Piano lessons, guitar lessons and voice lessons for children and adults. Beginners welcome. Call Lizette at 206-349-5499 or check out our West Seattle Music Studio website.
Watts Spring Break Basketball Camp
Join Husky and Sonics legends Donald and Slick Watts this SPRING BREAK to make tremendous strides in the game of basketball. Watts Basketball will teach your athletes four major aspects that are necessary to become successful in life:
- How to fall in love with the work
- How to build on strengths and correct flaws
- How to set goals and achieve them
- How to be creative
Scholarships are available. Please contact Chelsea in the office at 206-467-1383. Sign up here now while there is still room!
Free Guardian Nomination Workshop
Who would take care of your kids if something happened to you? Seventy percent of parents haven’t named guardians for their kids, and of the 30% who have, many have made one of six common mistakes. During this free workshop, you will be walked through the process of naming a guardian and receive fully executed documents naming legal guardians for your children! Come join us!
The workshop is totally free but we ask parents to register. Click this link to view upcoming dates and locations, and register for a limited spot.
Art Workshop Classes With Ms. Reuter
Now enrolling for after school art workshop session B5!
- Dates: April 12, 19, 26, May 3, 10, 17
- Time: 3:15-5:00 p.m. Doors open right at 3 p.m.
- Cost: $175
- Location: Seattle Lutheran High School. An easy walk across the courtyard, right behind Holy Rosary School.
- Ages: K-6
- Projects: Puff paintings, flying plaster pigs (wahoo!), TP coy fish, wacky hats, straw engineering, and loads of other super fun stuff.