As you know, we begin our kick-off for NATIONAL CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK with Mass and Open House on the weekend of January 30 and 31. Bring your neighbors and friends!
If your child would like to participate in a special way during Mass, please go to the this link to sign up. NOTE: The Children’s Choir and the Distinguished Alumni Presentation will be at the 10:30 Mass. We are encouraging as many school families as possible to attend the 10:30 Mass, but student volunteers are needed for all the Masses that weekend. Please respond here by January 22 if your child would like to participate.
THE BOOK FAIR returns during CSW and volunteers are needed to provide a pleasant shopping experience for everyone, especially the grandparents. Follow this link to sign up.
GRANDPARENT’S AND SPECIAL FRIENDS LUNCH is February 3, 2016 – the Wednesday of Catholic School’s Week. Please remind your guests to send in their responses. RSVP’s are required, so we can plan the food accordingly. Check the attached list for current RSVP’s as of January 13th. If you would like to volunteer to help at the luncheon, please click here to sign up.
Seahawk Spirit Day Tomorrow
Wear your Seahawk’s jersey or Seahawk’s colors tomorrow. Go Hawks!
Facts Tuition Management System
Complete your family profile online now! Last week we launched the FACTS Tuition Management System for the 2016-17 school year. Families have until January 28 to create a profile and set up a tuition payment plan.
- When creating your FACTS profile, keep in mind that this is for the 2016-17 school year. When adding students to your profile, please be sure to place them in the correct grade for next year, NOT this current school year.
- If you already have a username and password with FACTS, due to another child attending high school that uses FACTS, you do not need to create a new account.
To add a payment schedule for Holy Rosary to your existing FACTS account, please be sure to follow the link to FACTS specific to Holy Rosary School. Once you click on the link, log into FACTS using your existing username and password. Holy Rosary School should show up in our profile. Then, set up a payment plan for your Holy Rosary student.
- January 7-28: Create a FACTS profile and set up a payment schedule for the 2016-17 school year.
- January 14: Registration paperwork comes home with your eFC carrier. Please sign and return all of the contracts to the main office by January 28.
- February 8-12: HRS will finalize agreements, add tuition amounts to each profile and confirm that all students are in the system.
- Process FACTS fee: The FACTS fee will be automatically processed within 14 days of the agreement being finalized by HRS.
- February 15-29: The 2016-17 registration fee will be paid online within your FACTS account.
The cost for using FACTS is based on whether you plan to pay tuition in full or make 12 monthly payments. Payment in full is $20 per family and 12 monthly payments is $46 per family
2016-17 Registration Fees and Tuition Rates
|3/4’s Class (3 days a week)||$3,737|
|PreK Class (5 days a week)||$4,994|
|3/4’s Class (3 days a week)||$3,552|
|PreK Class (5 days a week)||$4,755|
2016-17 Registration Contracts
Please check those backpack, Registration Contracts were sent home today with your eFC carrier. Please sign and return the Enrollment Contract, Parish Stewardship Contract, Parent Commitment Hours Contract, and HEART Auction Contract. Contracts are due back to the main office by January 28.
DO YOU HAVE A NEW STUDENT APPLYING FOR NEXT YEAR? – All NEW students entering HRS for Preschool – 8th grade will need to complete an application. The application and fee are due to the main office by Friday, February 5. Please remember to provide a copy of your child’s Baptism Certificate. If you have a child applying for 1st-8th grade, you’ll need to provide a copy of their most recent report card with the application. Please contact Kimberly Tish if you have questions.
Fulcrum Foundation Hossfeld Tuition Assistance Program – Tomorrow, January 15 Deadline!
Families applying for financial aid for the 2016-17 school year will need to complete an application online through FACTS and submit the necessary supporting documentation by January 15, 2016. Apply online now.
You should apply to Fulcrum if:
- Your family has been awarded Fulcrum tuition assistance grants in the past and your financial situation is relatively unchanged.
- Your family qualifies for benefits through federal or state assistance programs such as SNAP or Medicaid.
You should apply for Holy Rosary Financial Aid if:
- Your family has applied for Fulcrum tuition assistance in the past, has never been awarded a grant, and your financial situation is relatively unchanged.
- Your family size is 4 or fewer with a current adjusted gross income greater than $50,000, and you have no extraordinary financial circumstances (major medical expenses, loss of employment, etc.)
Once an application has been completed online, the following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:
- Copies of your most recent Federal Tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of your 2015 W-2 form for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
All supporting documents can be uploaded in .pdf format online to FACTS. Each family will pay a $24 fee to apply for Financial Aid through the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. Please contact Kimberly Tish if you have any questions or need assistance completing the application and uploading documents.
IT’S AUCTION DONATION TIME! DONATION LINKS:
- To donate an item: https://holyrosaryws.ejoinme.org/donations
- To make a cash donation: https://holyrosaryws.ejoinme.org/cashdonations
Check out the HRS Amazon auction wish list here. If you choose to purchase from the Amazon wish list, please ship the item to your home. Amazon wish list purchases still need to be “entered” in the donations software.
OPEN POSITIONS ON AUCTION COMMITTEE:
- Silent Tables Closer lead – lead a small team during the silent auction in “closing” the auction per table. This position allows one to attend the event.
Centennial Capital Campaign
CELEBRATE OUR FUTURE, TODAY! – Click here to view the Campaign brochure. The Centennial Campaign has taken care of our roof, windows and surveillance security system. The next campaign priority is our technology program. Click here to view the Technology Plan. More information can be found on the centennial campaign webpage. Download the pledge form
Looking to make a BIG impact for the families of Holy Rosary School and Parish, PLUS build ties with the greater West Seattle Community? Step on up to be the Ring Master of the ultimate Carnival of Community! The position of WestFest Chair 2016 is open and ready for you! Sign on now and get loads of help, resources, and a solid transition to the Greatest Show! This is a perfect fit for a project manager (or a pair who works well together), who has time over the summer to oversee the committees and provide direction. Interested? Talk to Kara Klem before the curtain closes! Contact her at email@example.com
Ski Club Survey
Happy New Year Holy Rosary family! Thank you in advance for taking this quick survey – we are looking to see what kind of interest there would be in organizing a ski club at our Parish/School. At the very least, we would like to hold a ski swap in the next week or two. The Holy Rosary Ski Club Survey is here.
YEAR OF MERCY – Comforting the Afflicted in January. Continuing with our reflections for the Year of Mercy, in January we will focus on Comforting the Afflicted. There are many who suffer silently. Let us seek them, that we may accompany them amidst life’s hardships and struggles. Please click here to learn more about the Year of Mercy and how we can take action right to help those afflicted.
CYO NIGHT AT BISHOP BLANCHET – All CYO basketball players are invited to come cheer on the Braves when Bishop Blanchet hosts the Cleveland Eagles on Friday, January 22nd.
- JV Girls – 3:30 p.m.
- JV Boys – 5 p.m.
- Varsity Girls – 6:30 p.m.
- Varsity Boys – 8 p.m.
All CYO players will get in free and receive a free gift. Please contact Michael Pierce at 206-527-7741 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
REGISTER NOW FOR CYO VOLLEYBALL 2016 – Hello Holy Rosary parents and CYO volleyball players, I know it seems like basketball just started, but volleyball will be here before you know it. CYO volleyball 2016 is just around the corner and it is time to register for another exciting season. Online registration is now open, but will close on January 16th. Any late registrations after January 16 will be accepted on a space availability basis. The registration fees are $90 per player for grades 5th-8th and $80 per player for 4th graders (who have a shorter season.) Please click here to register your child for the 2016 volleyball season. Students in grades 4-8 are eligible to play volleyball. This year we will be purchasing new uniform shirts for all players. Please make sure to indicate the correct size when registering.
COACHES NEEDED! – All parents who are interested or are planning to coach volleyball as a head coach or an assistant will also need to register on-line. If no coaches register for a particular grade, we will not be able to register a team for that grade. Matches begin weekend of February 20 and run through April 16. Tournament runs April 20- May 1. If you have any question about the upcoming season, please don’t hesitate to ask. Click here for additional information about CYO volleyball. Also, new kneepads make great stocking stuffers!
Upcoming Dates To Remember
- 1/18 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day – No school/No BASE
- 1/31 – Open House kickoff to Catholic Schools Week immediately following 10:30 Mass
- 2/3 – Grandparent’s Day
- 2/4 – Outreach Day for Catholic Schools Week
- 2/11 – Noon dismissal – Magazine drive goal reward
- 2/12-16 – Winter Break – no school
- 2/19 – No school for Kindergarten – incoming Kindergarten testing